Pages

Wednesday 3 March 2021

Maths Home Learning - Day 3

 


For This week in the math group I am in we are learning about Place Value Partitioning. And I have learnt a lot from the video I watched about this and now I am happy that I find it easy. On the Right side of the picture it is how I worked out my answers and in the video there was a strategy that we had to add the closest number to a whole tidy number ! And then the other set of numbers we had to takeaway it by how much we added to make a whole number for example 62.4 + 13.9 = So I have to find the closest number to a tidy whole number and it 13.9 so I add 1 and that equals 14.0 then I takeaway 1 from 62.4 which equals 62.3 then I add 14.0 + 62.3 which equals 76.3 . So thats how you do it and if you need help even more search it up on YouTube or ask a family member ?


1 comment:

  1. Excellent Work Catherine, you have done an amazing job on the place value of the decimal. Keep it up

    Ms Mala

    ReplyDelete